Crikey! Be Careful Of Those Crocs

guilty party: Ashraf on 12/01/2008


Crocs. It’s seem like this sandal-meets-slippers-meets-Belgian-clogs is becoming a trend of sorts nowadays. I use trends very loosely here cause let’s face it: these thing are an abomination to the word trend. Nevertheless, faced with my already torn and horrifically uncomfortable old pair, I decided to pay up the RM130 necessary after much talk with my older sister.


Okay, first things first. Yes, these things are way big and chunky and to be honest make you look like a clown but I’ll be a liar if I said that these things are not a world apart from the blister creating hell that was my old pair. A lot of credit goes to the resilient foam-like material the shoes are made of, which moulds into the shape of my soles with the aid of body heat.


On top of that these thingies also feature ventilation holes on the top and sides of the shoes to keep the feet cool. Sure I’m a big fan of sneakers too but I can walk all day, step through rainwater, wriggle my toes in my Crocs, and not end up with smelly feet at the end of the day. I have yet to see a sneaker that can accomplish that without making an incision in my pockets.


Lastly, and probably most importantly, eventhough I admit Crocs are not exactly a Jimmy Choo or Feranggamo the styling of this thing does kinda grow on ya. I personally love the way that these things stand out amidst the run of the mill Brown/Black shoe/sandal/slipper/capal.
Conclusion? If you can live with it’s styling, definitely splurge on it just for it’s comfort. Who knows maybe you’ll even learn to like it’s quirky styling too.

3 Verbal Bashing/s:

Comment by dayanaazhar:) on December 2, 2008 at 11:31 PM

crocs is a big brand nowadays, but I dont like the design tht much, sure it is comfy, but for in the eyes of fashion oh please, one big ugly thing ever created! sorry for this though

 
Comment by Ashraf on December 3, 2008 at 11:48 AM

No worries. I felt the same way at first and I am well aware that it's not to everyones liking. It's an aquired taste.

 
Comment by Anonymous on December 3, 2008 at 7:23 PM

Hmm.. I like the design though, but if it was a pair of trainers, I'd beg my mom to buy 'em for me :D